Other things may change us... but we start and end with FAMILY

Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun idea for picky eaters........

Ok.. Madi isn't a horribly picky eater but she has her moments. She is definitely NOT into meat.. never has been but LOVES her veggies... (Lily is the complete opposite.. I am just waiting for the day that they figure this out and one says " you eat my meat, and I'll eat your veggies"!!!!) and for the most part if you tell her she can't have dessert till she eats her food, 95% of the time she will eat her food...

But I was struggling with lunch time. I don't really like to offer dessert at lunch, and usually our supper desserts are just fruit or yogurt. I try to make lunch interesting but come on lets face it..... lunches are not meant to suppers.. or else they would be called supper!!! She isn't really into sandwiches or really even deconstructed sandwiches ( all the pieces of the sandwich out on a plate)...


I stumbled across this idea and for the last week... EVERY bit of lunch has been eaten! I think cause she thinks she gets the choice but really everything is healthy (ok maybe not the chips or cookie ( although she didn't eat the cookie) but you know!) and good for her!









1 comment:

Monika said...

That's a great idea! I'll have to keep that in mind for down the road.