Other things may change us... but we start and end with FAMILY

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Proof I might really be losing my mind!

Ok.. I just have to tell this story, but I need to preempt it by saying I might REALLY be losing my mind!

Last week we were going to go to the bank cause I had a bunch of checks to deposit ( my work isn't direct deposit so I have to deposit it myself) . I had 2 work checks to deposit and THOUGHT that I had put them both into my pocket but when I checked I could only find one check. I tore my house apart looking for the check ( or so i thought!) but couldn't find it anywhere! I finally figured I would just ask work to cancel the check and then reissue me another one. I grabbed my purse and we headed out the door. I put my hand into the purse to grab something and felt an envelope. Wondering what it was I pulled it out..... lo and behold... it was my work check STILL IN THE ENVELOPE..... I don't even have any clue why I thought that I had taken it out already. I could have sworn I took it out and folded it up and put it into my pocket.... so after that ordeal I figured since I had OBVIOUSLY ALREADY LOST MY MIND..... it couldn't possibly happen again....

Yeah.. well it did!!....
Yesterday as we were rushing out the door ( why once we have kids, are we ALWAYS rushing!! ) to take Lily to her ONE YEAR CHECKUP ( can you believe my Lily Bean is almost 1 yr old!! ) and I was trying to find my wallet.. I couldn't find it anywhere.. I figured since I wasn't driving then I didn't really need it and forgot all about it! Later on that night, I figured I had better do a better search and look for it. I knew that last place I had seen it was Mon. night when we went to Walmart. David had taken the girls out to the car while I paid, so I knew I had had it then and rememberd taking it out of the bag and having it in the front seat with me. I called David to check the car but he couldn't find it. I literally TORE the house apart looking for it. I called David in tears, and told him that I couldn't find it anywhere. I called the credit card/bank to cancel my cards and felt sick thinking about all the work that I would have to do to get all the things in my wallet replaced. I decided to have a drink and sit and relax and then with fresh eyes take one more look. I opened the door to the fridge and right away notice the grocery bag in the fridge... you guessed it... MY WALLET.... I have no idea how I forgot it was in the bag.. I think I am going to blame it on one of the little people I live with.. except neither of them are strong enough to open the fridge so.... I guess I REALLY AM LOSING MY MIND!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least its not just me!!!!

Be careful with the Magic Erasers and use gloves, they have cancer causing agents in them! Stupid Canada still won't lists its product ingredients.

I did have to laugh at Madi's artwork though!!! That's why Levi doesn't get crayons. At least being a boy, he isn't into much colouring...yet...

Take care,

Kelli S

Parr Family said...

Thats is hilarious, I laughed out loud for the wallet in the fridge. I think things like that happen to everyone. When I use to wear glasses, every once in a while I would wonder where they were. And low and behold they would be on my head. LOL