Other things may change us... but we start and end with FAMILY

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An update on Jonah

A couple of months ago I asked you to pray for a little boy named Jonah Booker who had been diagnosed with a form of cancer. I tried to update as regularly as I could and just today his mom posted a new update on facebook and gave me permission to share it all with you. Continue to pray for this little life and this family.


From Jonah's mom ( Lauren ):

So much has happened in the last few months and my head is still spinning. For that reason this will just be a quick update on Jonah. Yes, there is more going on these days in the Booker home (God never stops working in our lives, right?) but for now, this is what I want to share:

Jonah had his last (hopefully) chemo treatment yesterday. Thank God! Seriously. Six months ago this day seemed so far away. He is doing incredibly well. No hospitalizations in the last two months, which is a miracle in itself. His counts are consistently above average (for a chemo patient) and his energy levels are back to normal (yes, I am exhausted from chasing him around).

He has an check up at the end of this month which (we hope and pray) will confirm that the cancer is completely gone and that there is no need for more treatment. He will continue check ups every three months or so until he is five and then once a year until his eighteenth birthday.

But for now, we are enjoying the peach fuzz that has recently sprouted on his long-bald head and the boundless energy with which he runs, full-tilt, through each day. He can walk down the stairs or dance around the kitchen without falling again, which is so awesome to watch. And his appetite is back with such force that I find myself denying him crackers and bananas all day long (we don't want him to get FAT! lol). What a wonderful problem to have. I'm not complaining.

Life is rarely easy, and God knows I've messed mine up countless times, but I'm so grateful for the chance to love this little boy and my little princess.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God, so glad to hear he is doing so well! Amen! Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

That was me...

KElli

Faye said...

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.IFOLLOW YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY I CAN.WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR JONAH!