Wednesday, October 08, 2008
I had forgotten to blog about this before so there is some "catching up" to blog about when it comes to figuring out the bruising issue with Lily. We had seen our pediatrician the middle of September and he decided that he wanted to send us to the see the Pediatric Hemotologist ( child blood doctor) in Edmonton. They had been following Lily's progress but had never actually seen her and wanted to. They also were planning on sending her for a Platelet Aggregation test (they test the "stickiness of her platelets) at the same time so they figured it probably wouldn't be for a couple of months. I got a call a few weeks later that we had an appt to see the specialist on Oct. 1. We quickly got the travel arrangements worked out and got ourselves to Edmonton. He took a very detailed family history and decided that he wanted to test me for some blood disorders based on my history as well ( I bled alot when I gave birth to both the girls etc. ) and unfortunately the platelet test is too involved (Lily only has to give the blood, what they do to it is the involved part) to have done without at appointment and ours got scheduled for Feb., so I will have to take Lily back then. As of right now they are not to overly concerned, they are mostly wanting to find out if she has a clotting disorder because of our location. If anything were to ever happen here ( a car accident etc. ) it would then show up that she has a clotting problem on her health card so they could stop the bleeding instead of having to guess and bad things possibly happening. So that is where we are now and we are just waiting for the results and then will have the test in Feb..... and see what happens!
Posted by Mobachs at 11:34 PM