Other things may change us... but we start and end with FAMILY

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fun at the park....in -30 weather!!

About a week ago we decided that we were sick of the cold weather and we were going to bundle the girls up and take them outside to play
(ok.. i realize that Lily doesn't exactly "play" but you get my drift!)
Well.. Madi was in heaven. We had discovered this park last summer and frequented it during the nicer months but figured since we have to drive to this park, that in -30 weather it was a bit much to bundle the girls, throw them in the car ( of course not literally!) and drive 10 min to the park, haul them out ( again not literal!) play for the 5 mins ,before Madison freezes to death and then repeat the process back to the house.
Well...after 5 months of hunkering down during the colder weather we decided to brave the cold and see what happened. I honestly believe my beloved stubborn 2yr old would have stayed at this park playing until her limbs actually fell off from being frozen had she been allowed to....





As you can probably tell by the sequence of pics, she loved the slide, and for all of you with children, you will know and understand the level of speed a young child can achieve in a polyester snowsuit on a cold plastic slide!!! It was awesome... had I been 6 months pregnant I probably would have peed my pants laughing at her!! Thank goodness I'm not!!!

2 comments:

Monika said...

Great pics! Looks like Madi had tons of fun at the park!

Sarah, Chris, Ryan 'n Kieran said...

Cold doesn't seem to bother these wee ones like it does us. I'm always amazed when Ryan wants his mittens off in order to hold something - hockey stick, shovel, snowball - and won't put them back on until I make him come in because I'm afraid of frostbitten fingers!
Great to see you out enjoying the weather, I bet it was worth the effort of getting everyone ready!